Author Topic: Narain Karthikeyan proud of his perform in Nashville  (Read 2476 times)

Offline Vas

• Administrator
  • Star Goldie
    • http://www.starf1.com/forum/
Nashville Speedway was witness to Narain Karthikeyan’s sixth race of his career in the NASCAR Camping World Truck Series, where he ran in the “Nashville 200” on Saturday night.

The day started with the initial practice session where Karthikeyan completed his preliminary laps for the first time within this venue, where he had the challenge of not only learning the track as quickly as possible, but he and the crew had to start working on improving the set-up of the #60 Starbeast Motorsports truck.

Karthikeyan’s second practice session turned slightly complicated as he struggled to make his truck turn in the middle of the corners. After several changes from his crew, the practice session finalized with Karthikeyan simulating a qualifying run with a new set of tires, but with a less than desired result due to the truck being tight in the center of the corner and therefore was not easy to control for corner exit, causing his truck to snap loose after getting on the throttle.

Karthikeyan qualified 22nd after a very complicated qualifying run where he was still fighting the same problems as he was experiencing in the practice session.

“Nashville Speedway has been the hardest track so far in my NASCAR career. It’s a combination of a short track and a 1.5 mile oval. It’s a fast track but you still need to brake in the corners. I’m definitely experiencing more of a challenge than I initially estimated with adapting however, this is so much fun for me because it’s a new challenge, and I need to get it right “ Karthikeyan said before the race.

Narain Karthikeyan at Nashville

The race started out rough for Karthikeyan as he got loose within the initial laps and made incidental yet hard contact with the #15 truck, then hitting the wall afterwards with his right side. Luckily for him he could continue the race but was already battling with a truck that had damage to the alignment of the right front tire and was turning too much into the corners. Despite all the problems, Narain managed to finish the race in 17th position.

“The accident didn’t help me at all as I was already struggling with the truck, but I had to keep pushing to finish this race. It’s another finish for me, but more importantly it’s a lot of experience and learning which I definitely need. Nashville Speedway was without question the hardest and most technical oval I’ve raced so far in NASCAR”said Karthikeyan at the end of the race.

His next NASCAR race will be in Chicago, IL on August 27th. You can watch the race live in India broadcast by NeoSports and in the United States on Speed Channel.
« Last Edit: Aug 10, 10, 22:10 by Vas »
Tireless striving stretches its arms towards perfection

Tags: