Jan 16, 21, 05:56

Author Topic: BMW Sauber announce pit lane theme park  (Read 2794 times)

Offline jimmy_246

• Star Regular Member
BMW Sauber announce pit lane theme park
« on: Apr 08, 06, 09:39 »
The BMW team sure seems to be trying hard to attract a legion of fan following...Jordan was famous for this.. :roll: ...Red Bull are da new favourites...bt BMW seems determined to give them competition...sure feels good that the manufacturers are finally realizing da importance of fans in F1...sure will add an element of fun n enjoyment in F1(sigh... :cry: ...remembering jordan)

Here is what da official F1 website had 2 say

"Race fans will able to sample life in the Formula One pit lane at next month’s European Grand Prix thanks to a new initiative launched by BMW Sauber. The team’s ‘Pit Lane Park’ will replicate the team’s actual garage and pit area, allowing the public to get up close and personal with both the cars and drivers.

The special theme park, which is scheduled to appear at a total of six races this season, will feature a 90-metre-long stretch of track leading into a turning area lined by garages and grandstands. A BMW Sauber Formula One car and smaller Formula BMW cars will take turns to power down the track.

The garage doors will be kept open, inviting visitors to come in and look around a reconstruction of the real thing. Inside will be a selection of cars, some race-ready, others stripped down into individual parts. Here, the fans will be able to compare the weight of a Formula One part with its series production equivalent, or slip into some race overalls and have photos taken in the cockpit.

A ‘Pit Stop Challenge’ will allow the public to test their tyre-changing skills, while a driving simulator will provide the chance to race against the clock. BMW Sauber drivers Nick Heidfeld, Jacques Villeneuve and Robert Kubica will also be stopping by at the park’s ‘Speaker's Corner’ to answer fans' questions in person.

"This theme park allows us to bring the fans right up close to the sport,” said BMW Motorsport Director Mario Theissen. “That's why we've paid a great deal of attention to authenticity and interaction. You could call it a high-tech adventure park. The fans have told us that they want to get closer to the action, find out more information and experience the sport for themselves. What they're after is an experience to tell their friends and family about, to take home a souvenir or a photo which they can show everybody. And we've come up with some totally new ideas to give the fans what they want.”

The park, which will be able to handle 16,000 visitors per day, will open its doors for the first time on the evening of Thursday May 4 at the Nurburgring. It will then be open from 10am to 6pm every day of the European Grand Prix meeting. After that the installation will be packed away and reassembled at another five Grands Prix in 2006: Barcelona, Silverstone, Montreal, Monza and Shanghai."
BREAK DA RULEZ

Offline R SRINIVASAN

• Administrator
  • Star Goldie
    • http://www.starf1.com/forum/
« Reply #1 on: Apr 09, 06, 05:03 »
Hi jimmy_246,

If Toyota is in F1 to motivate its worforce(beleive me!), BMW is in F1 to increase sales!

This is another fantastic attempt from BMW to increase fans attention. Who will not like to go near the pit lane park tell me?

They way they have improved I feel BMW is the team to watch. They will not like to be too far behind Mclaren!
Tireless striving stretches its arms towards perfection

Offline jimmy_246

• Star Regular Member
« Reply #2 on: Apr 09, 06, 09:29 »
Hey Vas da names jimmy_246 not "jimmy_249"....man ppl sure r makin lots of mistakes using my name....some call me jummy n some _249... :lol: ...by da way 246 standa fr 24 june my bday....may be i shud hv given my real name Vinay as my username.......sheesh guys if any1 speels my name wrong again,i am gonna complain 2 da human rights comission fr mental torture n agony n public embarassment..... :wink: ............ :twisted:
BREAK DA RULEZ

Offline R SRINIVASAN

• Administrator
  • Star Goldie
    • http://www.starf1.com/forum/
« Reply #3 on: Apr 09, 06, 10:50 »
Quote from: "jimmy_246"
Hey Vas da names jimmy_246 not "jimmy_249"....man ppl sure r makin lots of mistakes using my name....some call me jummy n some _249... :lol: ...by da way 246 standa fr 24 june my bday....may be i shud hv given my real name Vinay as my username.......sheesh guys if any1 speels my name wrong again,i am gonna complain 2 da human rights comission fr mental torture n agony n public embarassment..... :wink: ............ :twisted:

Jimmy_246 apologize :Bow_Down:

Since the numerals has acquired a diff meaning, now i can remember very clearly.

(I remembered very well but it is the brain's [i take the Jenson Button's way of givin excuse]fault it has picturized the 6 as 9 upside down :Thinking: i think)
Tireless striving stretches its arms towards perfection

Offline sandyf1

• Star Regular Member
« Reply #4 on: Apr 10, 06, 01:21 »
@Jimmy

alias jummy alias jimmy_249 .... you are sure lucky to get many names arent you  :Roll: . I guess its easy to address you by just Jimmy than with nos ...

This is fantastic, looks like they are very serious for the Fans base. I am impressed. They are improving too with race by race.

India missed the Jordan show right, hope NK's dream to show F1 car in India wil come true this year with williams.[/quote]

Tags: