Dec 05, 20, 12:26

Author Topic: De la Rosa: "Ferrari have a few tenths in store for Monza!"  (Read 2051 times)

Offline R SRINIVASAN

• Administrator
  • Star Goldie
    • http://www.starf1.com/forum/
McLaren driver Pedro de la Rosa believes Ferrari can still go faster after having dominated two out of three days of testing at Monza.

Ferrari's Felipe Massa, winner of the latest race in Turkey last weekend, was quickest on the first and third days of testing ahead of the Italian squad's home Grand Prix next week.

On the final day of work, Massa was comfortably quicker than world champion Fernando Alonso, who finished eight tenths of a second behind the Brazilian.

Despite their dominant pace, de la Rosa believes the Maranello-based squad can still go quicker.

"I still believe Ferrari have a few tenths in store," de la Rosa told Marca. "I don't think they are hiding their cards, but looking at the times I believe they can go faster than all the Michelin runners.

"The difference is not as big as we expected, that's true, but they still have the advantage.

"Renault have been doing very well at Monza. They are doing good things. We have improved quite a lot now, but they are still a step ahead of us. They still have three or four tenths per lap."
Tireless striving stretches its arms towards perfection

Tags: