Author Topic: No longer necessary to have an experienced test driver?  (Read 2250 times)

Offline Vas

• Administrator
  • Star Goldie
    • http://www.starf1.com/forum/
Timo Glock is no longer in the running to become Williams' 'third' driver for the 2007 season.

After an impressive season in GP2, the former Jordan race and test driver is scheduled to try a BMW-Sauber in December, but the German squad recently signed Sebastian Vettel to be a test driver next year.

Glock, 24, has also been linked with a move to Honda, but at Interlagos last weekend Williams' co-owner Patrick Head ruled out his appointment alongside Indian test driver Narain Karthikeyan.

"He was on our list," the Briton confirmed to Motorsport Aktuell, "but with the new test restrictions it is no longer necessary to have an experienced test driver."

Hmm...

What do you guys think?!
Tireless striving stretches its arms towards perfection

Offline Amarnath

• Star Regular Member
No longer necessary to have an experienced test driver?
« Reply #1 on: Oct 25, 06, 22:39 »
For one thing Narain wont be having a competiong reserve driver. so i am happy. and maybe he will get more testing oppurtunities

Offline sandyf1

• Star Regular Member
« Reply #2 on: Oct 25, 06, 23:11 »
I still think Narian may not be given much Testing duties... Alex and Nico will share major Testing duties ..

Williams still apprehensive of Narain, not sure if this is due to his colour of his skin

Any takers ??

Offline Go_Narain

• Star Regular Member
« Reply #3 on: Oct 26, 06, 01:41 »
Well I don't think Willaims will go for another reserve driver. Alex will be doing more testing and Narain will be supporting him. For sure Narain will get more testing mileage (if not, do you think Narain will be signing this contract).

Sandy- there might be apprehension on the skin color for the Williams fan base for sure, but then as for the team they will only be looking at results and the money which come in. I think to convince the fan base, its a ploy that the team is taking, to go soft on promoting Narain as a tester or reserve driver until he shows his own pace and calibre himself.

The best thing for Narain is forget the rest and keep focussed on the job at hand and deliver what is expected from him. Then those how despise too will change their view. Yes, as for Narain he didnt get a chance yet, but now that he had got the opportunity of a whole year to show off to the paddock. He just needs to prove it. Good luck Narain.

Offline sudhi_m

• Star Regular Member
« Reply #4 on: Oct 27, 06, 09:42 »
Im not sure what Head means by not needing an experienced test driver. In either case, its good news that Narain dosent have to compete with Glock. That also means that if one the drivers is unable to race, Narain will have to race.
And yes, NK is the wrong colour for this sport. It would be very nieve to think otherwise.

Offline sandyf1

• Star Regular Member
« Reply #5 on: Oct 28, 06, 09:13 »
Sudhi..

From next season there is going to be limited testing days and for the Friday test, most probably will be done by the race drivers ...

I don't why are they raving about this Timo Glock ... I need some answerss

WHO IS TIMO GLOCK
what is his credentails
what is his RACE experience in F1

I am sure Narain has this shere pace to beat this CLOCK .. im sorry GLOCK

Offline Vas

• Administrator
  • Star Goldie
    • http://www.starf1.com/forum/
« Reply #6 on: Oct 29, 06, 13:28 »
Quote from: "sandyf1"
Sudhi..
WHO IS TIMO GLOCK

Google search got me the result attached below!  :ROTFL:
Tireless striving stretches its arms towards perfection

Tags: